TheTravelPaper® believes that information should be freely available to all, but we also believe that sources should be properly credited and that intellectual property rights should be respected. The Travelpaper® and its logos are protected by international copyright law.
However, we are generally happy for individuals and websites to repost elements of the information and images on www.thetravelpaper.com, so long as:
TheTravelPaper® is cited as the source with a prominent (ideally above-the-fold) credit and link to the relevant page on our site, e.g. "(via TheTravelPaper®)" or "Seen on TheTravelPaper®" etc.;
All copyright notices are respected, with credits and links to authors and photographers included next to the relevant text, images, etc., and the permission of the copyright holder sought in advance;
Reposting is not excessive – don't repost stories in their entirety and don't repost every story we publish!
Our content is freely accessible to all internet visitors, without payment or registration barriers.
You take reasonable steps to ensure third-party sites do not repost our content from your site, e.g. by clearly publishing your own copyright notice.
If in doubt, or if you want to discuss syndication, please contact us.
Terms of Service:
TheTravelPaper® is an online service that enables our members to build collections of special and well designed places through the Travel Files feature, and to share comments with other people on TheTravelPaper® through the Comments feature.
We'd love for you to use our service. Our service is free.
1. You are allowed one membership account on TheTravelPaper®.
2. You are responsible for your activity on TheTravelPaper® and any activity that occurs under your member name.
3. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
4. You are over the age of 18; or you are 13 years or older and using the site with the permission of, in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or legal guardians. If you do not qualify, please do not use our Site.
5. You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other TheTravelPaper® members.
6. You agree not to use TheTravelPaper® to collect pornography, or images, or text containing violence, hate speech or other content inappropriate for websites focused on travel inspiration.
7. You agree not to collect images or other content that is spam, or create Travel Files with unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third-party sites in order to boost the search engine rankings of third-party sites.
8. You agree not to modify, adapt or hack thetravelpaper.com or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with thetravelpaper.com.
9. You agree not to create or submit unwanted email to any TheTravelPaper® members ("e-mail Spam").
10. You agree not to transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
11. You agree you will not, in the use of TheTravelPaper®, violate any laws in your jurisdiction.
12. You agree to abide by our Community Guidelines, which are incorporated by reference into the Member Agreement.
Violation of any of these terms will result in the termination of your thetravelpaper.com account.
We gratefully acknowledge and thank Automattic for making their Terms of Service available under a Creative Commons license. We have used their Terms as a basis for the following terms and conditions that govern all use of the TheTravelPaper® website ("The Website") and our related services, including our widgets and other applications.
1. Your TheTravelPaper® Account and Site. If you create a Travel File collection on The Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account collection, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with your collection of images or videos. You must not describe or assign keywords to your collection in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and The Gentlemap, S.L. may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause The Gentlemap, S.L. liability. You must immediately notify The Gentlemap, S.L. of any unauthorized uses of your collection, your account or any other breaches of security. The Gentlemap, S.L. will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2. Responsibility of Contributors. If you maintain a Travel File collection, comment on another member's collection, post material to The Website, post links on The Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of The Website (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, or videos you've collected from other websites. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
* the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
* if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
* you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
* the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
* the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third-party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third-party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
* the Content is not obscene, libelous or defamatory (more info. on what that means), hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
* your collection is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your video collection's URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
* you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by The Gentlemap, S.L. or otherwise.
By submitting Content to The Gentlemap, S.L. for inclusion on The Website, you grant The Gentlemap, S.L. a worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Travel File Collection. If you delete Content, The Glentlemap, S.L. will use reasonable efforts to remove it from The Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, The Gentlemap, S.L. has the right (though not the obligation) to, at The Gentlemap, S.L.'s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in The Gentlemap, S.L.'s reasonable opinion, violates any The Gentlemap, S.L. policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of The Website to any individual or entity for any reason, at The Gentlemap, S.L.'s sole discretion. The Gentlemap, S.L. will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
3. Fees and Payment.
TheTravelPaper is a free service. We may, at some time in the future, add new capabilities and features only available to paying members.
4. Responsibility of Website Visitors.
TheTravelPaper® has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to The Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating The Website, The Gentlemap, S.L. does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. The Gentlemap, S.L. disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of The Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
5. Content Posted on Other Websites.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which thetravelpaper.com links, and that link to thetravelpaper.com. The Gentlemap, S.L. does not have any control over those non-TheTravelPaper® websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-TheTravelPaper® website or webpage, The Gentlemap, S.L. does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Gentlemap, S.L. disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-TheTravelPaper® websites and webpages
6. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As The Gentlemap, S.L. asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by thetravelpaper.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify The Gentlemap, S.L.
7. Intellectual Property.
This Agreement does not transfer from The Gentlemap, S.L. to You any The Gentlemap, S.L. or third-party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with The Gentlemap, S.L., TheTravelPaper®, thetravelpaper.com, the TheTravelPaper® logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with TheTravelPaper®, or The Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Gentlemap, S.L. or TheTravelPaper®'s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with The Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of The Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any The Gentlemap, S.L. or third-party trademarks.
8. Changes. The Gentlemap, S.L. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to The Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. The Gentlemap, S.L. may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through The Website (including the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Respect the creative works of other people, and their intellectual property.
* Don't upload images to TheTravelPaper® for which you do not have the rights, or where you do not have the permission of the rights' owner(s). It's disrespectful and potentially illegal.
* Don't abuse the TheTravelPaper® system. The limits and rules of the The Travelmap functionality are there for a reason - mainly, to provide a way for members to compile content to assist in their home remodeling or furnishing projects.
Most of all, have fun and enjoy The Travelmap.com and your interactions with other members.
If you come across someone who is violating these guidelines, please inform the The Travelmap team and we will look into it as soon as possible.
9. Termination. The Gentlemap, S.L. may terminate your access to all or any part of The Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your The Travelmap.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using The Website. All provisions of this Agreement, which by their nature should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided "as is." The Gentlemap, S.L. and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither The Gentlemap, S.L. nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that The Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, The Website at your own discretion and risk.